Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hi there. It's just past dusk, my favorite time of day, and I just came in from meandering around the yard. I put up a fence around the newly planted cherry tomatoes and cukes, checked on my lavender plants, walked way out back to check on the pumpkin plants and our new blueberry bush, watered the new planting of impatiens, weeded the peonies and cut a peony bouquet for the house. We always put the new bouquets of peonies outside for the night in order to get rid of the ants, so it'll be on the back porch tonight.

Did I tell you I planted some lavender last summer? I did...and one of them is called "Nana" lavender. I think it's yellow! I'm not crazy about its scent, but since my kids call my mom Nana, I planted it. I met an herb lady last summer and she taught me this saying about lavender...the first year they sleep, the second year they creep, and the third year the leap!

Well, as I'm past exhausted, I think it's time for a shower, a good book, and bed. Only 14 more school days til summer vacation starts, and I can't wait! When I was "just a parent", I didn't understand how much this job takes out of a person mentally. Now that I'm in the school system, I totally get it, to say the least. Have a good Friday Eve! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment