Friday, June 5, 2009

I saw my first firefly of the season tonight...he was fluttering around, blinking three times in succession, then waiting. Perhaps he was waiting for an answer to his queries....anyone out there? Where do I go next? I'll follow you if you show me the way.

I am filled with those same questions tonight. Anyone out there? Where do I go next? I'm feeling a little bit lost these days, terribly unsure of my soul's true path. The only thing I know for sure is that I'm restless, my soul is restless.

I stood outside in the dark and just listened, just sort of felt the bigness of it, and realized how small "my world" has become. I mean, I'm no world traveler, but it feels as if I live in a small box and that I just keep going from corner to corner, day after day. It feels as if I'm losing whatever it is that makes me "me", like I'm letting my soul down.

If I were a firefly, I'd be the one blinking, blinking, blinking....anyone out there? Where do I go next? I'll follow if you show me the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment