Sunday, January 3, 2010

Raise your hand if...you hate it when kids spread their wings and fly. I really hate it.

Right now, at 12:19 a.m. two of my daughters are out in this scary weather...terrible wind gusts, blowing wind, zero degree wind chills. One of them has spent the last two nights near Boston and is driving home from there, very tired and all alone, in this weather. The other one is closer to home, but still driving in her little car.

I'm used to New England weather, been here my whole life, but these crazy winds scare me.

All I can say is that I won't rest easy until they are back in the nest.

Did I say how much I hate this?

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I can relate to your post, having raised three daughters. One (on the rebound) is back home and 30 yrs. old. I still worry when she is out in bad weather. Sure improves my prayer life! Nerm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nerm. I love how you found the positive in worrying...it DOES improve our prayer life, doesn't it?! If practice makes perfect, then I am getting better and better at praying, thanks to the children!! :D

    ReplyDelete