Friday, February 5, 2010

Raise your hand if…the class of crazy 8th grade hoodlums, as I lovingly refer to them, threw you a surprise birthday party today during third period!!  

It was really wonderful!  They (and the teacher) got me a cake, an adorable balloon, a bouquet of lovely purple tulips, and a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble!  They brought in sodas and Doritos, too.  Come to find out, the one kid in that class that I’ve had the hardest time with since 6th grade was the first one to offer to donate money towards the gift…and he offered $10!!!  I was astounded! But mostly, I was humbled…these are not “well-off” kids and sometimes you think you just don’t get through to them.  Today proved otherwise.  It lifted my spirits immensely and had me smiling for the rest of the day. 

And on another note…

DSCN1866…duh!

Happy weekend to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed this post--sorry.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU!
    It truly is amazing what kids come up with. Soo many times we don't know what is going on in their heads and then something special like this happens and THEN you realize why you endure this hard profession five days a week.
    Hope your birhtday was GRAND!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol... It's Lauren. Hope things your way are well. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete