Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hi...

It's been awhile, to say the least.  I've been wanting to write, to share, to blog, but have had no idea what to write about.  Oh, lots has happened since I last visited here,  including the marriage of my oldest daughter on May 1, 2015, followed by the joyous birth of my grandson, Robert Christopher, in February of this year!  He's my second grandchild, first grandson...my granddaughter Mackenzie is now 13 years old...13!!  How did this happen?!  How has everyone gotten so much older and I haven't?!  Yeah. Right. About That.

I'm thinking that I'm not aging too gracefully...the laundry list of complaints annoys even me, and it's MY LIST.

I know, get over it.  In the scheme of things, I'm blessed and logically, I know it, my heart knows it, my brain knows it, but my ego...is that right?  Is the ego what takes over?  If so, that's what allows me to wallow in self-complaints and mental crankiness.

Just this afternoon I dragged my sorry ass out to the hammock in our backyard.  Believe it or not, that was a huge step for me!  I rarely venture too far off of the porch (except to head to my cottage which is where I craft til the cows come home).  I've been thinking of doing a crafting blog.  Being that I'm a craft-hopper (aptly named by one of my daughters), there wouldn't be too much repetition, so maybe I'll cipher on that.  

See how that happened just now?  I totally digressed without a backward glance.  Sheesh.

Anyway, what was I saying? Hammock. Right.  So I dragged my sorry self out to the hammock in my lovely backyard; I maneuvered it under the canopy of a huge maple tree, where the breeze and the grass beneath my feet were both so cool and calming.  I managed to lie down without falling off, and without much ado, I drifted off into a quiet, peaceful nap.  

When I came to a little while later, I sat up, again careful not to fall off as that would be either devastatingly humorous or devastatingly painful.  Either way, I wasn't in the mood.  I was cranky because, well, never mind why.  I just was.  

I thought about letting the crankiness take over, but instead, I got up, walked further out back, picked up an antique metal table (yes, there really was an antique metal table in the yard covering up a sweet little rabbit's nest...gotta protect the sweet little rabbits), and created a "gas can vignette" in front of the barn.  A wha...??  Strange but true; we have a collection of vintage gas cans (as well as vintage sleds, farm equipment, tools, tea kettles, and that's just outside!)  

What I'm taking the long road to saying is that instead of letting myself go too far down the road of unhappiness, I put one foot in front of the other, walked across my yard, did something a tiny bit creative, and it started to help.  That's a big deal for me...I'm not usually a do-it kinda gal, I'm a thinking-about-doing-it kinda gal.  

I quite literally took a step toward climbing out of anger and into not-so-angry, all by myself.  Which really isn't like me; I tend to wallow.  So...yay me!








No comments:

Post a Comment