Saturday, November 5, 2016

Wear the Damn Glasses!!

Dear middle-aged gal pals,

If you're like me and found out about 7 minutes after you turned 40 that you needed reading glasses, and if, 18 years later, you're STILL annoyed at needing reading glasses, then you'll appreciate this post.

I was preparing for a family birthday celebration tomorrow for our daughter, Chelsea, as she turned 29 earlier this week.  It felt so good to be a domestic goddess for the day, cleaning, cooking, listening to the radio.

Anyway, I made everyone's favorite dessert, dirt cake, and decided to make pumpkin whoopie pies because they're a perfect way to usher in Fall, my most FAVORITE season of all!!


The recipe calls for two cups of pumpkin, so I went into the pantry to get the can of pumpkin. My glasses were all of eight feet away, which was evidently much too far for me to walk, plus I figured I wouldn't need them as I knew exactly what I was looking for.

After getting the can of pumpkin, I started opening it and realized that it had a funny smell to it, a bit of a sour smell, if you will.  It was a familiar smell though, I just couldn't place it.  

Suddenly, I recognized the smell...


W-H-A-A-A-A-A-T?!?!


In my defense, the two cans look alike if you're not wearing your reading glasses! (Right?!)

Moral of the story?  Wear the damn glasses.

Saurkraut Whoopie Pies does NOT sound like a good way to usher in Fall, or anything else for that matter.









No comments:

Post a Comment