Thursday, May 28, 2009

Age is a State of Mind


Raise your hand if... you ate one of the new sour Skittles today in school and the kids laughed uproariously at your sour face!!


Well, my husband's big surgery is early tomorrow morning. It's an odd thing...we've been together 31 years, married for 25 of those years, and "suddenly", here we are at the "in sickness and in health" stage, ALREADY! It seems so sudden, although I know how much calendar time has passed. I think this is an example of age being a state of mind. We certainly don't feel "old" enough to have this stuff going, but here it is, staring us in the face. All I can say is....yikes.

As we have to be at the hospital for 6 a.m., I guess I'd best start getting organized now...ya think?

And may I say that this time of night, dusk, is one of my favorite times. I can hear all of the birds starting to quiet down out there, just a few singing, while the others have all headed back to their nests to hunker down for the night. Such a peaceful time.

2 comments:

  1. im wishing all good things and a speedy recovery for you and your husband... hang in there... yeah, it does come fast, doesnt it? xox.... annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those things are wicked sour....No bueno! Give me sugar!

    I will be saying prayers for you my friend that everything will be just fine with your husbands surgery. Keep positive and remember to put any worries you have into God's hands and everything will be just fine. Please give us a one sentence report when you get a moment to let us know how everything went.

    {{{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete