Friday, May 15, 2009

TGIF


AMEN.

I finished a book yesterday that was quite compelling, to say the least. Perhaps you've read it...The Shack.   Has anyone else read it?  After reading the back cover and seeing that it was about a little girl that was kidnapped and murdered, I said "this book is NOT for me!"

Well, a good friend of mine convinced me to read it and I'm glad I did. The bulk of the story is about the father's spiritual trip toward recovering from losing his little girl. The little girl herself plays a part in her father's recovery, as does God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit, only in "human" form, so to speak. It's very very deep and quite moving, but worth reading. So if you're like me, unwilling to read stories of this kind, give this book a try.

Just out of curiosity, how do you choose a book? Is it by the author, the genre, the colors on the cover?  I admit, there are times that I use the colors or the picture on the cover!

Happy Friday everyone…and enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

  1. It usually has to catch my eye, either by picture or a word in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, first of all... I love the TGIF necklace. Darling! What a fun thing to wear every Friday! This is my first visit. Very nice blog.

    I read The Shack this year for book club. Wow! I was so concerned when I read the back cover also. I almost didn't do it, but I am glad I did. What a thought provoking book. Amazing, really.

    I often choose a book based on the title and the description, sometimes it is an assignment for book club, sometimes a recomendation from a friend. I sure love that feeling of finding one that you can't put down, but never want to finish because you don't want it to be over.

    Thanks for sharing. Please come visit us. We are three best friends who publish an online women's magazine and a blog. We have several more days left of our Big One Year Birthday Giveaway!

    Mermaid Debbie

    ReplyDelete