Monday, June 22, 2009

New Books

Hi all. I am so excited...I have SIX new books and there is very little that excites me as much as new stuff to read!

I just finished a really good book, The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. The story is told by the dog, Enzo, about his life and the life of his family...the ups and downs, the traumas and the joys, the love and absolute devotion. Enzo has a very cool outlook on life and hopes to come back as a man in his next life! It was a smooth read; I started it Saturday night and finished it this afternoon. It's a great weekend book. Give it a try why don'cha. :)

I just started Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand and so far, so good. I'm only on chapter 3 and already I "know" the characters. That's what pulls me in...seeing the different levels of the characters. Well, that and the colors on the cover.

I also have The Love Season by Elin Hilderbrand, Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman, The Inner Circle by Mari Jungstedt (I liked the cover of this one), Star Girl by Jerry Spinelli and last but most definitely NOT least, The Secret Things of God by Dr. Henry Cloud.

I can't wait to dig in! We leave for a week's vacation on July 5, so I'll either have to read very slowly, or find a whole new crop of books to take. I usually read 5 novels over my "week at the lake"...talk about relaxing!

Anyone have any suggestions for vacation reads? I do love a good ghost story, but the camp that we rent is very big, is out in the absolute pitch darkness of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, and I am the only "grown up" there...I'm also afraid of the dark. So, no ghost stories for vacation! Ok...off to read myself to sleep. G'night.

2 comments:

  1. Well Hello there Ms. Carol!
    All of my recommendations are books regarding the countryside of Tuscany or Provence. I highly recommend ANY book by Peter mayle, he is my favorite. I just got through reading A Vineyard in Tuscany by Ference Mate and really enjoyed it. I am a book a-holic, and have about 20 books on my nightstand at all times. Some are picture books to gaze at the pictures, but I always have a novel to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops P.S. It's Ferenc, not Ference FYI

    ReplyDelete