Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back to Reality

Hi there. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home! :)

Got back last night from our week up north and it was, as always, wonderful to be there. The weather was coooooold most of the time. I slept with 2 pairs of socks on, long pj pants, and 2 long sleeved shirts! There was cold rain, warm sun, gentle breezes, and the loons...always the loons. There is nothing quite as special as falling asleep to the loons calling.


Most of my time was spent, well, sitting. I know, that's a stretch for me because usually I'm...sitting. But at least while I was sitting there, I was pondering!

I realized that if you go back through photos of the last 4 years, there is one of me every single year sitting in the same chair, in the same place---only the clothes and the book titles are different! I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Perhaps I'll ponder on that whilst sitting on my porch.

The views were awesome, in the true sense of the word. Here are a few of them for you. Can you blame me for just sitting and pondering?















































My youngest and her sweetie, kayaking at dusk.





















Mom and me (she's 88 with way more ambition than me), both of us pondering, except that she was pondering what to do next and I was pondering the clouds...or the size of my HIPS!

I always look forward to going, but I'm also glad to be home. Now I need to get motivatin' and moving forward, or something like that. I should probably unpack, too, ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment