Saturday, July 4, 2009

Queen of the Prairie

Hi there. This is me, packing for my week's vacation which starts tomorrow morning. How am I doing so far? Can you say procrastinator? I did get some things packed, like, um, Cheezits. But everything else? Not so much.

Instead, I ventured out into the back yard where, just last week, we had those pesky marauding deer...remember those two hoodlums? Yeah, well, take a look at the pumpkin plants now! We are well on the way to a ribbon at the Big E this fall!!









On the way back to the house, I saw this lovely pink, fluffy plant and I realized that it was the bright pink "thing" that had caught my eye earlier this week, except I was too lazy then to walk out and see it. I think it's called a "Queen of the Prairie". Isn't that a great name? (It's probably an invasive, poisonous weed, but I like it anyway.)

You know, being Queen of the Prairie sounds like a job I could have done, way back when, out there in the Prairie. Picture it...all my little children and my husband at my beck and call, no matter what, no matter when. Yeah, I coulda' done that, no problem.

Sigh. I guess I should get moving on this packing nonsense. You know, had I been Queen of the Prairie, someone else would be doing my packing for me! I guess I was born too late.

Well, if we are lucky enough to grab some of those internet waves floating through cyberspace on the laptop, I may stop by to post later this week. If not, then have a safe, healthy week everyone and hopefully see you next week. For now...let the sitting-on-the-dock-reading-endlessly begin! :) See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment