Thursday, July 30, 2009


Today we buried our amazing friend, Tommy. The church was filled, and to quote my husband, "you could float a boat with all these tears". Although my heart is broken, I am going to pick myself up and start moving forward; if not, then I would not be honoring the memory of this young man who lived life "to the fullest", as they say. He lived life, embraced it, found exhilerating joy in life. Who are we not to do the same?

About a year ago, I decided to write a book but because of life's responsibilities (you know those wretched things), I put it aside, always saying "I'll get to it as soon as..." I decided earlier this week that "as soon as" has finally arrived. If I don't do it now, it may never get done. So, here I go and Tommy, this one's for you. :)

I would love to include anyone that I've met through blogging in this book. It's going to be a compilation of sorts, including personal stories and photos. I'm not sure how I'm going to put it together, how I'm going to collect the stories. As soon as I figure out the best way, I'll let you all know. Whether it's through another blog, emails, regular mail...I'll let you know. Til then, I think I'll head to the porch for an emotional rest. See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. It's so difficult to say goodbye but you are right, it's so much better to celebrate life in all its joy. I can't wait to read more about your book project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea to write and will be a very creative outlet for you. You will have an opprtunity to have some quiet time to devote to your book, and I think will be a very rewarding experience. Being outside is always a great outlet to help calm us, and think a little more clearly about our hopes, wishes and dreams!

    Smiles, Nancy

    ReplyDelete