Thursday, October 22, 2009

Raise your hand if...you're taking a personal day tomorrow so that you can have some mental health AND so that you can get yourself beautified in time to go to a wedding at 4:00 p.m.! Cool! Me too! :) I guess that makes today our Friday!

So I was "the teacher" again today. Twice a month, I cover for one of the 8th grade teachers I work with as she's the school's literacy coach; on those two days, she coaches the other teachers. Well, she's had a rough time personally this year and last, so I find myself being the teacher more often than twice a month.

These kids are, well, hmm, let me see....hellacious. I don't even like half of them, which is not typical for me. I can usually find something endearing about 99% of the students I work with, which isn't always easy. But this crew...not so much. I spend way too much time disciplining them and not enough time teaching them. The office is fed up with most of them, too, so it's not worth sending them there. It's the worse 55 minutes of my day. Hence...my need for chocolate tonight. :) Aaah, well, could always be worse.

I hope you're all comfy and snuggled in for the night. Have a good Friday. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need a personal day!
    You planned that good.

    I get to cram PT and another visit to the clinic Dr. in before I get to school to go on a field trip. I also get to spend one more day with my coworker whose panties have been in a wad ALL week. Oh Joy.

    Have a great Friday--enjoy the wedding.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,
    Hope you have time to take a nice bubble bath, sip a glass of wine, listen to some nice music and relax. You deserve it!

    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete