Sunday, February 7, 2010

Birthday CakeS!

Hi there.  Well, I turned 33, 42, 47, 52 yesterday and no, I don’t feel a day older.  I feel ten pounds heavier, though, due to my family getting me TWO cakes!   Seriously, I still feel full, but that won’t stop me from having a chunk, I mean sliver, of each of them again tonight.

DSCN3492 Here we have the decadent cannoli cake made at the local Italian bakery.  It’s creamy, rich, sinful, and delicious.

DSCN3495 Here we have the more typical ice cream cake, still decadent and delicious. (Ahem. Please note the age on this cake.  I approve this message.  Thank you.)

DSCN3474 The most creative gift? This one from my husband--it cracked me up!  It’s the beginning of our putting away a little bit of moola towards a get-away weekend for the two of us.

DSCN3499 Here’s my mom…she’s going to be 89 in March and I want to be just like her when I grow up.

Yesterday was a great day filled with family, which makes all of life’s ups and downs worthwhile. :) 

And now, onward with this wonderful new year ahead.  Tally ho!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like your having a wonderful birthday!!!
    Those cakes look soo YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit post too early---have a great week!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete