Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Potato Panic

Raise your hand if...you did all of your Thanksgiving shopping yesterday (got a jump on it, didn't I?), but, you FORGOT THE POTATOES!!  Who forgets potatoes for Thanksgiving??  That's like forgetting the chocolate for Easter, the stockings for Christmas, the pumpkins for Halloween?  Who does that??  Evidently I do.

Luckily, our Walmart is in the process of turning itself into a Super Walmart and hark...they had potatoes!  As much as I don't like buying food at a  large department store, in a potato panic, I did.  

Don't forget to listen to Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" tomorrow!  That's one of our favorite traditions...we all stop what we're doing and listen intently, cracking up as we go.  My husband and I have actually been to the site of the original Alice's Restaurant in Stockbridge, MA.  But unlike the song, you can't get anything you like...we wanted a cheeseburger but they were vegetarian.  Oh how times change...nothing is sacred, not even Alice's Restaurant.

Happy Thanksgiving friends.  
May you be blessed in having those you love close at hand. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you also! Have a wonderful day. I hate, hate, hate coming home from the grocery store and finding out I have forgotten something important. Makes me want to cry. I guess we all do it once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found your potatoes!
    Have a super Thanksgiving ans enjoy the day.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete